Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 5, 2009

And the Beat Goes On

Biopsy results today:

NO cancer anywhere, in any tissue, no where, no how, nada, zip, zero, none!

That includes in all the breast tissue from the lumpectomy, and the 14 (yes, 14, count 'em!) lymph nodes the surgeon took in "a little extra tissue" around the sentinel node.

That was more than he meant to take (and more than he thought he took) and I would've rather not lost so many but you can't put 'em back now...

That puts me in a small group of 10% who have had this result.  The 10% the surgeon warned me about before my surgery ("only 10% of women come back with no cancer.  Just want you to be prepared.  But we'll do our best to get clean margins.")  

I was fine until about 24 hours before I was supposed to get my biopsy results, and then anxiety got the better of me.

And then, miracle of miracles, I am in that 10%.  I never expected that.

I'm really, deeply grateful. Especially for all of you who sent positive, healing energy out for me in any form.  Because I was too worn out, too overwhelmed, to do a lot of that myself as I've gone through the last 7 months, and I know good and well that it wasn't my good energy that helped me beat this. 

It was yours.

So thank you, everyone.  Words aren't enough.  My tears of joy aren't enough.  But I'm grateful from the deepest part of me.

I have a follow-up with the oncologist next week.  I will continue Herceptin (1 yr.) and sometime soon I'll start estrogen-blocking pills (5 yrs.).  Radiation is more of an unknown now that there is no cancer to radiate!  Dr. Harb and I will be discussing that, I'm sure, along with other things.

Meanwhile... git out yer dancin' shoes and do a little happy dance with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment