Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

And The Beat Goes On...

... and the beat goes on.  La de da de de, la de da de da...


My heart beat, that is. 

Thank goodness!

I'm on a beta-blocker for my heart.  Hopefully that will strengthen it and all will be well at some point and I can cease and desist with heart meds, but it's entirely possible I'll be on the beta-blocker for life. 

Meanwhile, my cardiologist thinks I should have an angiogram just to rule out any other possible causes of the heart damage besides chemo.  Not a bad idea, but I'm putting that off for a short while until I regain some energy.  My body has been through enough over the last 10 months; I need some time to rest and recover before I subject myself to more trauma, even if it's relatively minor.

And also meanwhile, my orders for limited exercise continue:  no aerobic exercise, no heavy lifting, no shoveling, etc.  But I can walk as much as I like and as much as my body can tolerate, as long as I don't walk too fast.  I'm also getting back into yoga.  Although it's frustrating to have limitations on what I can do physically, it's also OK.  This is all small stuff after what I've been through.

And the beat goes on... and the beat goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment