Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Latest News

Good news:  I had my last full-breast radiation today; tomorrow I get the first of 8 that are targeted to the original lump.  Then I'll be done!  I'm hoping my skin and my energy can slowly start rebounding with the reduced radiation.*  Last night I was in bed at 7 and slept all night -- and I wanted to stay in bed longer.  So I'm ready to see my energy return.

Not quite as good news:  my latest mugascan showed more heart damage (chemo/radiation) which could be permanent or could be temporary -- either way, I couldn't get my herceptin today.  Another mugascan in three weeks will hopefully show improvement and I'll be able to resume herceptin.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Meanwhile, I think I hear a pillow calling my name :)

Keep moving forward!

~~~~~

*edited to add:  it's actually not reduced radiation -- it's all concentrated in a smaller area.  I'll still be getting full doses, so fatigue relief is still a little ways away!

No comments:

Post a Comment