Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

More Happy Dancin'!


The greatest mistake in the treatment of diseases is that there are physicians for the body and physicians for the soul, although the two cannot be separated.
Plato



Radiation is done.  Woo hooo!!  I can't believe all my major treatments are done and that I've made it this far.  I need to recuperate from all my body, mind, and soul have been through the last year, but I already feel glimmers of energy.  And thanks to support from so many, my spirit is not only intact, but is stronger than ever.  Friends and family -- the physicians for my soul -- thank you.  You held my hand, you listened, you laughed with me, and maybe best of all, you cried with me.  You knew I was going through much more than a treatment to free my body of cancer, and you understood.

Other news, in brief:

Still have some neuropathy pain/numbness, but I also still think I see slow and gradual progress. Still taking meds to help control the pain.

Started hormonal therapy today. It's simply a daily pill that blocks estrogen; I'll be taking them for the next five years, or as long as I have insurance to cover the bulk of the $461 monthly fee! Keep your fingers crossed that I find a decent job with great insurance!

Have another mugascan next week to see if my heart has rebounded since the last scan.  More finger crossing!

Have a CTscan at the end of Feb. to check a spot on my lung.  I've been assured that this kind of spot is normal and nothing to be alarmed about but they want to do follow-up to make sure.  So, I'm not being alarmed.

Now you'll excuse me while I go do a happy dance....


No comments:

Post a Comment