Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Glub Glub Glub

That's the sound of me surfacing and going under again :)

Quick update:

Neuropathy is progressing -- now it's in my toes. Started with slight tingling a week ago and has moved on to fairly constant pain in my toes. My fingers, at least, don't hurt -- just some numbness -- and I can still use them pretty well (my barometer is how well I knit and button buttons -- so far, so good!).

But the progression means they'll probably reduce my Taxol a little this week. There's a small buffer zone in the dosage amount so a slight reduction won't affect my prognosis.

Taste bud weirdness has also progressed to where most food is tasteless or tastes truly awful. Even water tastes funny. I put this experience in the same category as baldness: annoying and not my wish, but hardly the end of the world. There are things a lot worse!

Fatigue & pain holding about the same: Wednesdays (chemo day) and Fridays are good days. The other days hold varying amounts of pain/fatigue.

I think that's the big stuff. Thanks for the cards, emails, calls... you all are helping me though this, a step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment