Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Keep on Truckin'

The people who assured me Taxol would be easier than Adriamycin/Cytoxan meant well, I'm sure, and were sincere.

But "easier" is a relative term, and in my case, I think rather than "easier," I'd say, "different." And, of course, everyone is different in the side effects they get from any drug, so no one really knew how I would react.

If I didn't have the severe muscle pain, I'd be a pretty happy camper. Fatigue is an old friend at this point, and not as bad as with the A/C (at least not yet!), so that I can deal with. And so far, none of the other nasty side effects of Taxol are causing big issues.

But, the muscle pains are back this week and started a day earlier than last week. I was prepared but Tylenol is of no help (and how much do I really want to risk liver damage? My cells are already being attacked by poison -- do I need to add acetaminophen to that? Certainly not if it doesn't help!). I have a prescription med which does dull the pain but also knocks me out, so it's useful at night but not during the day.

In other words, I can get relief to sleep at night (for which I'm very grateful!), but I'm going to be in significant pain for five out of seven days for the next 11 weeks if we can't find something else for the pain. I'll talk to them again this coming week and see what my other options are.

Definitely not a walk in the park! But I keep putting one foot in front of the other... I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment