Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Appetite, Food, Fatigue, the Fourth, and a Spirit Lifter!

Appetite: still not there often, but I'm not nauseous most of the time, either, so I can at least eat. Which brings me to...

Food: most of which has no taste, and some of which tastes awful (like one of my fallback foods until recently -- cheese. It's not bland, like a lot of foods -- it truly tastes bad. Off my list for now!). However, my taste buds aren't dead, just selective. Cream of wheat, oatmeal, chocolate, cinnamon toast, some nuts and nut butters, and most fruits are a few of the foods that really taste good. Neighbors brought over kale from their garden so the other night I made rice, kale, and mango -- and it was the best meal I've had in weeks. My tongue was doing a happy dance to enjoy food so much!

Fatigue: what can I say. It's there all the time. If I get to work and run out of energy by the time I'm done, that's my day. Some days I have enough energy to do another project, like laundry or taking mom to the grocery. I still figure I'm due for a bit more rebound before I start Taxol and I'm trying to get up early enough to go for a walk before work (and before I run out of energy) but so far I haven't quite made it up that early. My biggest complaint is that the fatigue also pulls down my emotional energy... hard to keep the attitude up when I'm physically and emotionally drained. I keep plugging along and doing what I can.

The Fourth! Happy 4 of July, everyone! It's cloudy and gray and cool here -- actually, my kind of weather! but I know most people will be wishing for some sunshine for their holiday plans. Whatever the weather and where ever you are, enjoy!

And last, but definitely not least: a spirit lifter. A good friend -- probably the sweetest person I know -- came to visit yesterday and we got to spend some time talking and just catching up a little. It was wonderful to see her, and it boosted my spirits up as high as the fireworks! Thanks, sweetie, for making the trip, for the time together, and for all the hugs!


Happy, happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment