Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Live Long and Prosper!


Yes, a bit of humor and Trek geekiness* hit me while I was doing my usual chemo self-portrait today. I was dealing with a dichotomy: dreading the treatment (it may be like last time, it may be worse); and yet wanting to get through it (or rather, get through the next 10-12 days). Trying to accept the conflicting feelings, I suddenly saw my four fingers in the mirror and knew what I had to do!

Live long and prosper! A good slogan for anyone...

Today went fine, as treatment day always does. Tomorrow should be OK, too. After that, who knows! I anticipate I'll be wiped out over the weekend and for some days after, as always. With any luck it won't be any worse than last time, but whatever it is, I'll get through it.

The good news is... this is my last Adriamycin/Cytoxin! I start 12 weeks of Taxol and Herceptin on July 8. Herceptin for a year but that'll be nothing after what I've already had.

More minor good news... although my nails have stopped growing, they don't expect them to fall out, and I'm on some OTC meds to help make sure they don't when I start on Taxol.

Going to go read until I fall asleep and see what tomorrow brings! Thanks, as always (but I can never say it enough) to everyone who's stayed in touch through email and calls and sent me warm thoughts for today and every day. It helps, and it means the world to me.

Live long and prosper!

*If you're about to point out that my hand is facing the wrong way for the proper Vulcan salute, and that my thumb is in the wrong place, you're geekier than I am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment