Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

One Day Closer to Feeling Better

Short update:

Got a liter of saline yesterday; got reminded that this is a hard chemo, to listen to my body, and rest, rest, rest (like I'm doing much else!); and was also told by a couple of different nurses that when my immune system hits the skids about day 7 after chemo, I'm probably going to feel my worst. Thus explaining my decline all week and my really horrible and worst day yesterday.

I'm still pretty tired and my stomach still doesn't feel normal, but so far (knock on wood!), no dizziness today; if there is I just go back for more saline. The chemo is competing hard with my best efforts to stay hydrated and all I can do is the best I can do.

I should be on the upswing now, though! I hope!

So that's it in a nutshell. Aiming for work today, at least a few hours. And lots of sleep. I take it when I can get it and when I'm awake, I'm awake; my sleep patterns are all wonkers but that's OK.

Thanks for your warm and compassionate messages -- they always boost my spirits!

One day closer to my rebound!

No comments:

Post a Comment